Current:Home > reviewsRekubit Exchange:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -DataFinance
Rekubit Exchange:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Rekubit View
Date:2025-04-07 01:21:23
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Rekubit Exchange which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (16)
Related
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- OG Anunoby and Josh Hart are in the Knicks’ starting lineup for Game 7 against the Pacers
- 3 dead, including 6-year-old boy, after Amtrak train hits pickup truck in New York
- America’s first Black astronaut candidate finally goes to space 60 years later on Bezos rocket
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- Day after arrest, Scottie Scheffler struggles in third round of PGA Championship
- What are adaptogens? Why these wellness drinks are on the rise.
- These California college students live in RVs to afford the rising costs of education
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- WNBA investigating Las Vegas Aces after every player received $100,000 in sponsorship
Ranking
- What to watch: O Jolie night
- Greg Olsen embraces role as pro youth sports dad and coach, provides helpful advice
- 3 killed, 3 wounded in early-morning shooting in Columbus, Ohio
- Dabney Coleman, 9 to 5 and Tootsie actor, dies at 92
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
- Bridgerton Season 3: Here Are the Biggest Changes Netflix Made From the Books
- Joey Logano dominates NASCAR All-Star Race while Ricky Stenhouse Jr. fights Kyle Busch
- Miss USA pageant resignations: An explainer of the organization's chaos — and what's next
Recommendation
Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
Man wins nearly $2 million placing $5 side bet at Las Vegas casino
Seize the Grey crosses finish line first at Preakness Stakes, ending Mystik Dan's run for Triple Crown
Man charged with punching actor Steve Buscemi is held on $50,000 bond
The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
Rudy Giuliani served indictment in Arizona fake elector case
3 dead, including 6-year-old boy, after Amtrak train hits pickup truck in New York
Mayoral candidate, young girl among 6 people shot dead at campaign rally in Mexico